On July 9, the United States Postal Service (USPS) made an important announcement regarding its latest shipping offering, known as USPS Ground Advantage. This upgraded ground solution is designed to provide a more straightforward, reliable, and cost-effective way to ship packages within two to five business days across the continental United States.
Read More: How long does postage mail take?
Competitive Edge: USPS Ground Advantage’s Impact
USPS Ground Advantage marks a significant advancement, benefiting both customers and the industry at large. USPS now presents a highly competitive ground shipping option in the market by optimizing ground transportation and seamlessly integrating it with their last-mile delivery operations.
Louis DeJoy, the United States Postmaster General and CEO, expressed enthusiasm for this transformative initiative and emphasized the Postal Service’s readiness to vie for a larger share of the growing package business.
Leveraging USPS’s unparalleled last-mile delivery route system and enhancing the integrated mail and package postal logistics network, USPS Ground Advantage serves as a compelling new ground shipping choice for businesses and the public.
A Key Element in USPS’s Growth Strategy
As part of the 10-year Delivering for America plan, USPS Ground Advantage plays a crucial role in the Postal Service’s shipping service growth strategy. It forms an integral part of a new shipping portfolio, alongside USPS Connect Local and Regional, which enables USPS to effectively compete in the ground transportation segment for packages weighing under 25 pounds within regions and across the entire country.
USPS Ground Advantage Retires Previous Offerings
With the introduction of USPS Ground Advantage, certain existing offerings, including USPS Retail Ground, USPS Parcel Select Ground, USPS First-Class Package Service, Ground Returns, and First-Class Package Return Service, will be retired.
Key Features of the USPS Ground Advantage:
- Delivery of packages takes 2–5 business days across the continental United States.
- Free package pickup service is available for home or office convenience.
- Business customers can utilize the USPS Ground Advantage return service, offering a convenient option for customers needing to send items back.
- Packages are automatically insured for up to $100, with the option to purchase additional coverage up to $5,000.
To promote USPS Ground Advantage, an integrated marketing campaign utilizing Direct Mail, digital, search, social, and radio channels will be deployed throughout the fall to reach every American business.
Where to Find USPS Ground Advantage
- Customers can access USPS Ground Advantage from all 34,000 Post Offices or via Click-N-Ship.
- It caters to shippers of all sizes seeking reliable domestic ground shipping services to all 50 states, PO Boxes, APOs, FPOs, DPOs, U.S. military bases, territories, and Freely Associated States.
In the Postal Service’s Mailin’ It podcast, Jakki Krage Strako, Chief Commerce and Business Solutions Officer, discussed the significance of USPS Ground Advantage and the organization’s dedication to fortifying its shipping solutions in alignment with the 10-year strategic plan for service excellence, on-time delivery, and enhanced revenue generation through superior package delivery services.